Friday, April 07, 2006

7th April 2006

So here's how stuff stands at this moment, and the run up to it.

I am one of those dolts who'd live but not learn. This applies to every aspect of my life...girls, sports, resolutions i've made for myself.... but especially runs true during exam time. It's a ritual I go thru every year for the past 7 years of my education...to vow that I'd do better during the next sem, to take note of the 1 month mark before exams and make the study schedule..

Then another schedule 2 weeks before exam, that factors in all my unfinished submissions, and the unstarted studies.
Then the schedule making stops, while the scram for submissions go on. A little breather after submissions...and its then the weekend before exams. Bada boom...another one hits the dust.

Hence...this time too...exams went strictly okay. The last few exams are the electives, and I finished mine off yesterday evening. There are a few of my classmates writing their electives right now, and some who're preparing for theirs later today. But I am done.

The sweet joys of being the dude who gets to decide the exam schedule for his batch. I've been getting hate mail from some quarters for this, but yeah...balls to u. You got an extra day to study, na.

* me sooo evil.

Came back to the laptop at 6 pm...watched this movie called Jarhead (fucking brilliant one) and then the tiredness finally catches up. Hit the bed at 8 pm (never happened before), slept through dinner, midnight snack and whisky parties in assorted rooms, and woke up now...9 am. 13 hours of sleep.

I woke up mostly because of the rumbling in my stomach, and then found several song requests on IP...the instant messenger software we use on campus. People had finished their whisky, but they were still high....and wanted to keep rocking, never mind the incident sunlight. I oblige as many requests as I can, then pay heed to my own whisky cravings....

But the bastards finished the booze. So here I am...Friday morning, convincng people that it's not illegal / sinful / wrong or even wierd to go whisky hunting at 9 am. I even offer the incentive of using my 6 champagne glass set. Balls to breakfast, or the hateful glares of my classmates still studying for their last papers today.

Sigh. Tonight we party. Ashish, dudo...get urself here asap.

Currently listening

Led Zeppelin - Black Dog (Acoustic Version)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fantastic piece of writing, dude. Keep them coming, and that includes the bottles of beer as well.