Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Dancing in the dark

It's probably the beer. Or the prolonged lack of sleep. Maybe the solitude, or the emotional stasis. I may not especially be wanting to be in time for work tomorrow. Could even be the rush of belated epiphanies, that have hit me again, as ever, on a non descript little pub lane in Pali Hill. Or the fact that I just spent about 3 minutes alone staring at a kaleidoscopic dance of blinking lights on my street...my city preparing for Ganesh Chaturthi...at 2 am.

Maybe it's that epiphany that this wasnt supposed to be a space to impress you. Or to believe that the ladies would be flinging their panties at me any moment now. This is not the venue for a processed catharsis of everything I cant say in real life, it's not what I have to do when I'm sloshed and alone, and it's not an essay competition. I'm not telling you all this. I have to make sure I read it myself.

And I dont know how many other posts I've attributed to beer from the first line. Or how many blog posts about the blog you've already suffered. I do know how to shrug, though.

Yeah well. Cheers.


Currently listening : Beck - Chemtrails

10 comments:

Aquarian said...

Cheers....

Go to customize on your dashboard. Go to add gadget.
and please add the dictionary to your blog.

Drink and Drive....but dont drink alone...

Aquarian said...

drink with a lot of people.....drive a lot of people home.....and when your going....take everyone with you

Take a Hike said...

it is the beer.

Anonymous said...

talent has a shelf life, even if angst does not.

less gaps between posts (Ha!) please.

Indian Madder said...

It is most definitely the beer. Period.

Unknown said...

It is a lack of Goa. That's what it is.

Take a Hike said...

write more.

Take a Hike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Take a Hike said...

celebrating a half year, and I guess two seasons, of no posts.

mucastic said...

Blog beerhead..blog!