Saturday, April 14, 2007

nothing much yet

I was hoping to post the next one from a spanking new broadband connection at home. Buggers have taken my money, and havent installed anything yet...so am resorting back to free campus Net.

It's this stupid feeling swimming around...when you know you've got posts swimming around in your head waiting to be typed down, but you feel too guilty to spend an hour or two indulging your blog instincts. And these blokes have been swimming for about a fortnight now.

The damn CFA. Applied too soon, and when in a frame of mind when I wanted a break from the books. Need to grit my teeth and finish it off now.

Random incident from 3 days back :

I'm lounging in front of the TV with my folks when this celebrity lookalike gets on the screen and does his thing. He's short, with gray hair, stupid french beard, and an emphasised slur.

Mom : "It's Amitabh Bacchan"

Bro : "Nope, it's Chandrababu Naidu"

Sis : "No wait, it's Rajnikanth"

An appropriate silence. then yours truly pipes up "It's Ron Jeremy".
Bro wrinkles his brow trying to figure if (where?) he'd heard that name before. Sis and Mom nod thoughtfully at the screen.

Lets thank the good Lord for not giving parents the "Let's google it" impulse.


Listening to : The wheels are turning - Springsteen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The funniest post yet! I laughed out so loud, that my PM wanted to read your blog...

- Mithun