Saturday, March 18, 2006

Girls i dig -1

The net’s down. So are all network applications hosted by the server upstairs, so all we’ve got is IPMsg, this little chat software that is the lifeblood of the campus. But Hostel 3 & 4 are cut off from Hostels 1,2 and 5 on the network, (and in many ways…real life too); so it’s just the 40 (approx) of us having to do with each other’s company. I’m writing this post in Word now on Saturday, March 18. Hope to post it when I can.

I’ve fallen in love with Elizabeth Bennett of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice. Atleast Keira Knightley’s portrayal of her. An exceptional movie, amazing music, some really good dialogue and some breathtaking visual imagery. Maybe it’s her wit…maybe her firebrand pride, or it might be her loneliness in the 2nd half of the movie . Her looks helped too.

Or maybe it’s Mr Darcy….there are so many bloody parallels I could draw between him and me, I just had to fall in love with his girl. We’re both socially awkward with strangers, we’d prefer not to dance if given the choice, we both act insufferably sophisticated and stoic (only difference there being that he’s rich enough to be genuinely sophisticated….I’m just this broke, pompous little fart). There’s this scene where he bursts into her room at her cousins cottage…and has no idea what to say. So they stand across each other…his panicky attempts to not screw up causing him to fumble even more, while her bewilderment rises with each sec. Until he rushes back out

Yeah, my man….been there, done that. Way too many times.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bring on Girls I Dig -II, and be quick about it.