Thursday, March 09, 2006

Leopold and the pitcher

Hit Leopolds last night after what look like ages now….Damn I missed that place. Pal of mine at the bank was taking up another job at Eserve…and I had yet to fulfill my promise of giving him the NITIE treat. So what if it’s a year late.

So I land up back at the bank…late again by an hour, and the whole place’s changed. They’ve outfitted video cameras, installed cabins…the employees have got prettier…sigh. Talked to my friends for a while before taking a cab with this dude and his gf…(one of my favoritest ppl in that place)

We order the pitcher and a Breezer, swap stories bout how stuff’s been, how life is at college, how uselessly single I am and all. And about 3 quarters into the pitcher…they break the news of their pending marriage to me.


(* Note to self : U grin a lo-ot when u hear good news after downing a pitcher. It’s this scary, goofy grin that halts conversation if the poor converser happened to look directly at ur sexy face. You also talk a lot more than u should. Actually…just stick to the goofy grinning.)

I get the whole lowdown…when he started chasing her, how she 1st shot him down…then how he clawed his way back, how he finally proposed….phew. It’s this rummy feeling one gets when 2 great people go head over heels about each other.


Dang. Wanted to hit on her when I’d gone to the bank. Inaction can pay off sometimes, see..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not a bad piece of writing at all... at all. And when, you lazy bum, are we going to Leopold's?