Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Girls I Dig – 2

It took this massive fight against my work ethic to get this post going…I’m supposed to be working on this moronic group assignment for this megamoronic prof, and I kept telling myself I cannot blog till it’s done. I am yet to start work. Who am I fooling.

I cant believe I actually like blogging now…it was supposed to be this vent for all the negative shit in my head...like some dark mental cave I visit when I need to unload and all. Turns out there isn’t that much shit to trip about. This has suddenly turned into this place where I put up my reactions to life or thought processes and study what I wrote….this morbid fascination for watching myself cope with whatever.

Arbit bile at 3.45 am. I should shut down and hit the sack.

It takes me a little while to admit this, but I like Norah Jones. It’s the photo on her album cover. It’s that voice. It’s those dark captivating eyes and that Audrey Hepburn feminity she exudes. She doesn’t need the come hither pout, or the nipple slippages. I mean sure…I’m in the market for those too, but u can’t fall in love with them. You wouldn’t take ur guitar to their balconies and belt out some corny number for them. You wouldn’t care to agonise over what to gift them. You wouldn’t think of restarting your habit of bad poetry, or exercising, or…God, the list is endless.

I cant quite explain this….u’d have to go through it yourself.

Have a long day. At the fag end, when u’re done with your quota of waking hours. Done with college, the TV, the book u were reading, the assignment u never did, the blog u just posted, the intermittent depression…all of it. You’re slumped in your chair, staring at the laptop, thinking of nothing. Make sure u have a beauty of a speaker system. Then play “Come away with me” by N. Jones.

There’s always this mental pic of her slipping into my covers and crooning this song in my ear. It’s nothing sexual….but God, does the chest start aching.

P.S I've been trying to load her pic since the past half hour...either I'm dimwitted, or the google techies are. Drop me a line if u want it. It's a 2.7 Mb pic, though.

Currently listening

Duh. Go read the post again.

No comments: